Memories

We landed in Accra after about a 10 hour flight from New York. I thought to myself, "I am in Ghana." I could not comprehend the impact the next few weeks would have on my life. Sitting back at Holy Cross in April, we were learning so much classroom material about Ghana, I thought the day would never come that I would actually be there in a few short months. I am sure many of you have heard this and have probably even said it, but it needs to be said again and again. It is a truly eye-opening and impacting journey.
The people I met, the friendships I made, not only with the Brothers down there, but the students I went with, I will carry with me. I still miss the smell and the sight of driving along the road by the coast and taking it all in. Even the market, which was a unique smell, will sometimes creep into my memory as I sit and class and miss Ghana.
I truly hope that anyone who gets a chance takes the opportunity of a lifetime, to change their life, build friendships, and live with our brothers and sisters in Ghana for a few weeks. I promise you, a piece of Ghana will always stay with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deuschebag!