Finally, the pictures from my adventure up in Northern Ghana!

My friends from the bus station in Tamale, (L-R) Yachman and Alado

This is what the seating is like on a "207" bus. Public transport in Ghana is the best way to experience the country. By the way this is from my journey from Sunyani (Brong-Ahafo Region) to Tamale in the Northern Region. The girl on the right is the one tried to get sick out the window and failed. I forgave her don't worry! ;)

On the way to Tamale I noticed the change in the style of houses. In the Northern Region you will often find round houses which is quite different from what you will find in the Brong-Ahafo, Ashanti, and Central Regions. This style of housing actually came down from Burkina Faso.
You will also see a drastic change in the landscape. In the Northern Region the vegetation is not as thick and the hills of the Ashanti Region are long gone.

Passing over the White Volta River just into the Northern Region.

Passing over the Black Volta River.

The great Central Mosque of Tamale. At night you can hear the prayer caller throughout the entire city, louder than all the other mosques. Trust me its loud.

One of the magnificient minarets.

Downtown Tamale early in the morning. Just wait untill it gets later...you will have a hard time trying to cross this street!

Giving the camera some love while chillin' at AlHassan's Hotel in Tamale. I won't show you what the room looked like...

Tamale town. A nice view I'd say.

So I decided to walk all the way to the stadium with a buddy. As you can see it was far.

After walking right past the angry old security man to geta closer look at the new stadium that was built for the African Cup of Nations.The place is really nice I am telling you. I couldn't believe I got in.


Michael Essien eat your heart out...this is my territory!




Examples of what people mean when they say that the North is completely different from Southern Ghana. These picturesque villages have don’t even have access to potable water. But wow they are beautiful. When you see these things you being to realize the obscurity of your situation.

And now!!!! The Mole National Park Experience!

















Bush Boy!

Well, I hope that you will all go back and look at all my old posts. I think some of the pictures might make reading the posts more interesting! Enjoy!