You are still not in Kansas anymore

It is really strange sometimes when I remember that I am on the African continent thousands of miles from home. I have become so accustomed to my surroundings that the sights, sounds, and smells have become part of me. What I once saw as extremely different, what I used to be in awe of I now take in stride. Of course, this can be expected after a certain amount of time for most people, but I am also realizing that the more accustomed I become to life here in Ghana the longer it will take for me to get used to life in the U.S again.
A few months ago I could clearly picture the places I was familiar with back in the U.S. now these pictures have become somewhat cloudy, obscured by my day to day sights. It is strange indeed. I am realizing that I will need a good amount of time to kind of debrief myself and reintegrate myself into American life. It should be interesting, but there is still much time that must pass before I do this.
I am exactly where I need to be right now.

No comments: