September 17th, 2007 – Moreau House

Today is my second full day at Moreau House, “the house on the hill”. The house itself is built much like many other retreat centers except for the fact that it is at the top of a very steep hill. The view is wonderful!

I have organized my room and settled in nicely since my arrival on the night of the 15th. There are three pre-novices living here at Moreau House along with Fr. Bob and Br. Daniel Dardoe. The novices are Francisco, Steven, and Jude. They are very friendly young men and so far we have gotten along just fine. Our cook is Georgina whom I just met today.

We begin our day with morning prayer at 6am which is followed directly by Mass. When possible we meet for midday prayer at Noon before lunch. We also have evening prayer at 5:45pm and night prayer whenever we are completely finished with the day’s activities. The chapel at Moreau House is small and ascetic. I find great comfort during the different periods of the day that I have the time to pray there. I know that I will spend as much time as possible there over the coming months.

Fr. Bob has a whole program that he runs for the pre-novices. How I fit into this small family will be discussed in the coming days. Things are very busy here at the moment and many of us have urgent tasks to be completed. As for myself, I very much need to speak with Br. Patrick about how things will go at the Skills Center and Home of Hope. I have many ideas that need clarification and the opening of the school is just around the corner!

So far I feel very comfortable here and I think that this will be an excellent place to continue the first successful year of the Holy Cross Service Corps.

- JD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I think the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.